2022 Application Deadline April 1!
Since 1985, MSON has been supporting the local military community with educational scholarships. Scholarships are provided to dependents of active duty, retired or deceased military members from all branches of service and ranks. Awards range from $500 to $2,500 and are merit based.
Changes to the submission process include:
1) Applications are now submitted through an online form. No need to mail anything in.
2) Applicants may now submit unofficial transcripts instead of official ones.
3) Recommendation letters may be sent directly to MSON and are not required to be included with submission packet.
Applicants need to be attached to a military installation in Rhode Island or previously attached if the applicant (Graduating Seniors and Dependent Children only) is associated with a retired service member. We invite the following below to apply for a MSON scholarship:
1) Graduating High School Seniors: currently seeking a degree or certificate at an accredited college, university, or technical school.
2) Dependent Children (*Not High School Seniors): Scholarships can be applied to post-secondary, certification or professional programs.
3) Spouses (Active Duty Only): Scholarships can be applied to continuing education programs.
Applications, linked below, must be submitted by April 1, 2022. Award winners will be announced after May 15, 2022. All eligibility and requirement information is listed on each respective application form.
SPRING 2021 AWARD WINNERS
Select and download the appropriate application below and submit via mail by April 1, 2022.
Military Spouses of Newport
Newport, RI 02841